Saturday, June 23, 2012

Friday Frustrations Rescued

The Brew City Crew Last Night
Yesterday I was victim of the old, “We’ll show up between 8 and 12” ploy from Sears.  This was the second time in two weeks that I've been victimized.  I’m trying to get a service done on my lawn tractor and also get some warranty repairs made.  The first time the guy said he had to send away for parts which would be delivered to the house.  Dutifully the packages arrived over the past week and I thought I was all set.  I took the morning off from work and waited for the promised arrival.  My wife, never one to allow me to waste time that could be better spent had us moving all the paraphernalia back onto the newly painted deck.   Luckily it was still blisteringly hot out at the time so I had that going for me.  We have a whole lot of flower pots.  The Sears guy shows up at 12:02 and blissfully informs me that Sears sent the wrong parts and he can’t do anything.  People who know me can imagine how well I took that news.  I started to take it out on the repair guy but immediately realized it wasn’t his fault but I was extremely upset and I think he thought his life was in danger.  He promised the right parts are being overnighted and would be here no later than Tuesday (fairly long overnight).  He’s scheduled to come back on Friday to complete the repairs.  I may hold him hostage if he doesn’t get it done this time.  Work was equally frustrating but we had a First Friday event scheduled at Brew City in Worcester which started the rescue of the day’s frustration.  We had a great group who sat through the thunderstorms that finally broke the heat wave telling each other slightly exaggerated stories and poking fun at each other.  It’s a blessing to be working with people who really get along and appreciate each other.  Speaking of appreciating each other, my wife looked radiant as we headed out for our Friday night date at Zorba’s.  We passed a great time there as the last of the day’s frustrations melted away under her comfortable companionship. Reading my sister’s facebook account of her Friday which involved defecating bathtub dogs and used condoms I got off easy with my frustrating Friday.   We were greeted by a spectacular sunset as we returned home – maybe I won’t take the Sears guy hostage.
The Radiant Wife at Zorbas
The Sunset that Photos Cannot Do Justice To

No comments:

Post a Comment