Monday, June 11, 2012

Couched Sunday

Yesterday was an absolutely spectacular New England summer day.  I was in heavy recovery mode because of a challenging work week and then my wife’s exhausting preparations for Saturday night’s party, not to mention the party itself with its incumbent requirements.  I really needed a day of rest and thankfully, despite the fact I am still seriously pissed at the union, I spent the entire day catching up on some movie watching and yet another Sox loss.  My friend took off for home after an early morning breakfast at a local diner.  My wife chose not to accompany because her health conscious diet does not allow diner fare.  I am not blessed with that same level of apprehension so bacon and eggs topped with home fries were rocking.  I absolutely love eating at diners but don’t get to do it very often, see above for spousal intervention issues.  It was such a perfect day that my wife and I, plus a semi-vigilant Buddy, read the Sunday paper out on the front porch.  After church and grocery shopping (and confirming movie theater construction progress) I planted my behind firmly on the couch.  I had all the windows wide open so I could hear the neighbor’s pool party and generally enjoyed the great day from the welcoming embrace of my favorite spot.  My wife finally ran out of gas and spent the afternoon napping.  I watched two movies, the Red Sox game, and a couple episodes of The Wire (still not feeling that).  My seat allows a view of the front porch and we always buy a fuschia plant for the spot nearest the window.  Humming birds love this plant so I was blessed with a parade of those delightful little creatures all day.    
My Wife on the Porch - The Fuschia in Shadow to Left
Buddy Waking Up to Become Vigilant

No comments:

Post a Comment