Saturday, June 9, 2012

Angry Friday

Partially Destroyed Giant From Last Night
Yesterday started out so well, I had a new project at work that was going well and I was looking forward to a visit from a friend that my company was in the process of hiring.  We then received word that the NLRB was going to step in and help the union block the hiring.  Our lawyer said this wouldn’t have happened before Obama stocked the NLRB with organized labor officials instead of a mix of management and labor.  We now have to wait until next week to see if our union will sign an agreement to have his people agree to actually do their jobs without fear of union interference.  I’m bitterly disappointed because I really thought we had made a breakthrough and this would have cleaned up the lines of supervision which would have made everyone’s life a little better.  My friend took the news in stride but I’m pissed.  I excluded myself from the hiring process because he is such a close friend and I felt proud that he was selected from a group of over ten applicants.  We did get to celebrate a First Friday together at Brew City Pub with my boss.  Well lubricated, we then drove home to pick up my wife and head to Zorba’s for our Friday tradition of pizza and beer.  Apparently the best medicine for bitterness is one of Zorba’s giant (not large) pepperoni pizza.  I did feel better after helping destroy the pizza but I think it had a lot more to do with the company I was with.  I woke up this morning, still pissed.  The lawn better watch out.

No comments:

Post a Comment