Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Wrapped Up


The ABFA celebrated her birthday yesterday with the able assistance of, in no uncertain order, my Favorite Son, the BRS, and my Favorite Panamanian. Her co-workers also got into the act as she walked into her office to find everything giftwrapped including her computer. One of the big events earlier in my wife’s visit there was a combined FaceTime call featuring both the FBR and the BRS. The ABFA captured a video of the exchange which is too large to put here but, you’ll have to take my word on this, it was devastatingly charming. The two granddaughters took turns singing to each other. The FBR, being all of three, was much more polished in her technique. The BRS more than compensated for her lack of skill with an abundance of enthusiasm. Again, too funny and delightful for words.
ABFA's Office All Wrapped Up
The FBR and I had a fun time last night as we connected when she was eating dinner for the first time at the kitchen island. She instantly corrected me that it was properly called a ”counter’ and not an “island” – obviously questioning my intelligence on this point. We negotiated our way through her dinner with my position being her “abracadabras” to get me to do silly things needed constant replenishment by her finishing her vegetables.  Grandpas can be sneaky too. We finished the call with a demonstration of her purple vampire teeth.
Toothed Up FBR 

BRS Playing in her Kitchen Cubby While Abuela Works
My geographic bachelorhood hopeful ends today with the return of my wife from her adventures up north. It will be good to have some supervision back on site. Considering that last statement, I may have been married too long at this point. I spent last night safely bundled up in the Man Cave for the Patriots Monday night game against the hated Jets. In what may be a landmark event, by the end of the night I was actually feeling sorry for the Jets quarterback, a young guy who came into the game brimming with confidence. The Patriots defense brutalized him to the point he admitted he was seeing ghosts on the field; evidence that agreeing to wear a microphone for the broadcast was not well thought out. The Patriots remained undefeated with a 33-0 beatdown of the boys in green.
Poor S.O.B.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment