Friday, October 18, 2019

Silence Reigns


The profound level of silence always surprises me when, despite her miniscule stature, my Favorite Panamanian departs. She is a one person energy crew whose mere presence seems to liven up whatever scenery she occupies. She drove north yesterday to hang out with the Maine Musquetera for a few days and I immediately noticed the complete lack of noise when I returned to the empty house. While I enjoy some quiet I am not willing to sacrifice the presence of my other half to achieve it because she makes life so interesting, if at times exasperating. She sent me this emoji last night to insure that she also was missing me. Apparently she created it herself and I was struck by how well she did.
It had been an interesting day at work, starting out with the monthly board meeting where I had to explain how one of my buses ended up in an eight foot deep ditch on Wednesday. It would have been much easier if I understood how it happened myself. I was happy that there were no passengers on the bus at the time and the driver was uninjured as well. It was kind of funny, in a couple of days when I can begin to think of it as humorous (anger preventing it so far), that the bus had advertising for a hospital on it with the words on the back “Take me to the hospital”. Ironically that’s where the driver went to get checked out. Like I said, in a couple days I’ll be able to smile about that.
Not one of the Scheduled Stops

Bus Being Recovered - Note Sign on back
The BRS wanted nothing to do with my phone call last night unless she could hold the phone which of course negates the purpose of the call since she either puts the phone in her mouth or turns it off. She’s developing quite a resume for stubbornness. She loves to climb the front stairs to her room which she has definitely laid claim to. Last night she summarily ordered her father out of the room, by repeatedly pointing at the door; a preview of teenage years to come. It was a happy day down in New Jersey since yesterday parked the final day my daughter had to commute to New York City. Her Madison Avenue offices have been relocated to New Jersey which means a seriously reduced commute (no trains or subways needed) as well as no more NYC taxes. The FBR also covered my butt last night when my wife called shortly after I did. My wife then reported to me that the FBR said I was missing my wife.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                            
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment