Friday, October 19, 2018

Well, Yipee!

One of my Buoys
The FBR Showing off her New Winter Gear

In a week that saw precious few hours of sleep due to the ongoing baseball playoffs the Red Sox fully redeemed the lack of shut eye by completing their domination of the world champs and eliminating Houston last night. Due to the need for commercials and Marwyn Gonzalez taking a hike around the stadium after every single pitch the game ran nearly to midnight despite two stellar pitching performances. This was redemption night for David Price as he pitched on short rest and the best he’s thrown all year long. I say redemption because he’d never won a playoff game and seemed to melt down whenever things got tough.
The Man Last Night



None of that last night as he outdueled the Astro’s ace and young Rafael Devers, not realizing it was such a big moment, took Verlander deep for the game winning runs. The entire region of New England held their collective breath when Cora summoned Kimbrel to pitch the 9th but he survived along with his now obligatory base on balls and tape measure fly ball to the wall. This team obviously has that special bond a true winner has and I lay the blame for that squarely on Cora’s head. He and they are something special and are headed to the World Series!
It's Daddy-Daughter Day

Very Exciting
Wingman is Also Suffering Red Sox Derived Lack of Sleep
I had a really tough day yesterday as the board meeting ran well over two hours. I was forced to sit and listen to town bureaucrats try to explain how the world works. It was interesting how little reality intrudes into the political world. Luckily I have the Favorite Panamanian to return home to each night and the nightly calls to my kids and granddaughters. I think without that buoy I would have retired a long time ago. Unfortunately they pay me too well not to tolerate the inanity of it all.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent FiancĂ© & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involed in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment