Sunday, October 28, 2018

Incarceration

The True Incredibles

I am imprisoned. I am being held hostage by the Boston Red Sox. Whatever free will I thought I possessed was eradicated after First Friday celebrations. My wife and I returned home to watch the Red Sox game only expecting to see a single game. Since the Sox picked the absolute worst time to become offensively challenged it turned into two complete games, eighteen innings of almost no scoring, remaining me of my early high school social career. It was almost a microcosm of the Sox season. Just when I thought they were done for the day Jackie Bradley launched another of his improbable home runs to tie the game and send it into extra innings.
Big Mitch Finally Connects
Over three hours later I was still watching. For those of you counting, the game went into extra innings after midnight. The Sox should have won in the 13th but a very Sox like demon bit with an unconventional run to tie the game. I finally fell asleep sometime after 330am so I didn’t see the final indignity of the Dodgers winning on a walk off home run. The loss did nothing to dim the herculean and courageous effort of Nate Evoldi who pitched almost all of the extra innings.
This meant Saturday was a little foggy and not just because the remnants of a tropical hurricane blew through as the region’s first Nor-Easter of the season. Deckzilla Dude and the electrician were flitting around the new addition and I saw lights lit up for the first time there. The rest of the time was passed in a semi-conscious state in the Man Cave riding out the storm.
FBR in Bounce Mode
Such a Smarty
We are biding time until Saturday’s Red Sox game where once again we sacrificed all on the altar of Fenway fanaticism. Once again the Sox looked to be heading for a loss when the completely improbable happened. Alex Cora started pushing his buttons which I’m convinced are connected to some sort of Nostradamus. He sent up Mitch Moreland and he finally connected with one of the massive swings he always takes and the ball nearly went into orbit, had to be one of the longest more runs I’ve seen all year. That was followed by a further three innings of the Sox returning to their usual hijinks and they hung on through another Craig Kimbrell thrill ride to seize a 3-1 advantage. They can close the series out tonight and my freedom might be within sight.
ABFA and BRS

BRS Socializing at Party
Granddaughters were out in costume this weekend. The FBR was bounding around at gymnastics in a monkey costume. I think, but am not sure, this might be related to the monkeys jumping on a bed mantra. I wouldn’t learn because they were conspicuously off the air waves for the rest of the day. We did talk to the BRS who had just returned from her first ever Halloween party. The entire family dressed up as the Incredibles and looked fantastic. We joked with my son that he may have to beef up a little for the part of Mr. Incredible. The BRS was reportedly the only baby at the party not to cry and seemed to take the party atmosphere completely in stride. That has to be an inherited trait.
GO SOX!!  FREE THE DANCER!!!
House Progress


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent FiancĂ© & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involed in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment