Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Generational

FBR Sharing her Technicolor Rabbit with the Front Yard Cat

I firmly believe the Patriots and the Red Sox conspired to rob New England of the much needed rest after the World Series triumph. The Patriots were up in the miasma known as Buffalo for a Monday night game. The Patriots won in a very ugly game which more than represented the location and the fan base therein. Even my Favorite Panamanian who knows very little about football outside what the yellow line means asked me why this game seemed so boring. The Bills played not to lose by too much which meant a slow, grinding game bereft of much entertainment value. Add the grating commentary by someone named “Booger” and it was a serious let down from the euphoria of the previous night spent with the Red Sox. The only redeeming feature, other than my wife’s company, was the inevitable Patriots win.
I’m heading back to Panama next week as the residency paperwork has reached what I’m told is the final step. I will believe that when I actually experience it because I’m convinced the bureaucrats are not ready to release their hold on my life. We will spend the entire time in Panama City so no condo time which is a definite downer. We fly down on Monday and back on Friday in order to make it down to New Jersey the next day for the FBR’s third birthday party. So at least there is a definite high point at the end of what promises to be a very long week.
FBR on Harmonica
The FBR was absolutely charming last night when we caught with her and her dad. Wingman said the FBR has discovered her dad used to be in a rock band and they were watching some old videos of the band. There might have even been some head bobbing involved as the FBR was transfixed at seeing her dad in a completely new light. I thing Wingman was also sneakily pleased to show his daughter how cool he used to be. I mean, not that he’s not still cool.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent FiancĂ© & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involed in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment