Saturday, October 6, 2018

Sleeping In

FBR in Full Playground Mode

I know! A rare Saturday edition of Frail Deeds and I can lay the responsibility clearly at the feet of my Favorite Panamanian, so blame her. She abandoned me yesterday for a clandestine trip to the National Capitol Region along with the Maine Musquetera to reunite with their Virginia counterpart. World capitals, or at least shopping venues, should tremble as all three musqueteras are in the same area once again. I say clandestine because the Virginia Musquetera had no idea of the impending reunion but she was bubbling with excitement when I talked with them this morning. It will also offer my wife a chance to recharge some batteries depleted from the stress of the trip to Panama and the house renovation.
My Guitar Hero
The trip down turned out to be fairly contentious (meaning overly long) since they didn’t have the resident navigator (yours truly) to keep them out of the I95 corridor which the GPS will always default to instead of the longer but much faster Pennsylvania route. By the time I was called for advice they were already committed to 95. They passed within a few scant miles of the FBR but had to keep moving.
The FBR was decisively engaged already hosting her other grandpa and demonstrating what a perfect granddaughter is like. They spent an extended time at her favorite playground with her chosen fashion ensemble. I caught up with them upon my return from First Friday as the FBR was enjoying a huge popsicle, a reward for eating all of her broccoli at dinner. She must get that from her father’s side because the popsicle hasn’t been invented yet that could get me to eat even a single piece of broccoli.
Boom Truck Delivery Yesterday

It was one of the those perfect New England autumnal nights where you can sleep with windows open as long as you have a thick quilt to crawl under. I slept in until almost 9am which is unheard of and seems to have done the trick in finally vanquishing the cold that’s been pestering me for the last couple days. The renovations took a step forward yesterday as the roof shingles showed up and were boosted up to the roof. It was certainly worth the extra $40 for the boom truck instead of carrying all that up the ladder. Roof should be finished in a couple days. Deckzilla Dude was just talking me through the round of inspections that will have to take place before the walls can be sealed up but everything seems to be falling into place. That being said, since I am in bachelor mode, at least in terms of the company I keep, I’m heading up to Keene this afternoon for a patented thunder run. Tomorrow’s post may be delayed if prior runs are any indication.
As Far as They Got Yesterday
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent FiancĂ© & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got invole din planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latin friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment