Wednesday, October 3, 2018

So There It Is

Dynamic Duo - Favorite Panamanian and the BRS

My wife surrendered some more pictures from the past weekend that I wrote about in my last post. It was fun seeing them to re-live once again what was another in a long line of well spent weekends that I can lay the blame at directly at the feet of my children and granddaughters. I always heard older people saying this part of life was the most fun despite the irrevocable march of time and attendant health issues. It turns out they knew what they were talking about. So much of the young adult life is trying to figure out life and then surviving incipient parenthood that it’s much harder to truly appreciate the incredible fabric we’re all weaving together.
Why I was Smiling on Saturday Night

Bonding


Ivy Source

Happy Ladies
My weekend work with my son was very fulfilling but did result in contact with my arch nemesis from Army days – poison ivy. Luckily it’s only a spot on one hand and not one of my usual full body inflammations. Yesterday was one of those days that falls victim to entirely too much activity. I spent the entire day in renewed negotiations with the union. I charged home for a fifteen minute lunch at home where Deckzilla Dude gave me a couple errands to run after work. I now know what ordering a boom truck delivering roof shingles involves. My education continues. The Dude has completed most of the interior walls now. The new hallway, master bath, and entrance to the back bedroom are all in place now. The plumber was in as well and it looks like the Man Cave will undergo some indignities since access to pipes are buried in the walls there. I had to move the couch forward about six feet to provide access. Six feet closer to the TV – I count that as a win. Keene Friend was in residence last night to help with that move.









Hallway to new addition - a Former Closet

Doorway to new closet and wall to bathroom
My wife was cajoled into daring the rain last night for a date night movie. I’ll never understand how a woman who grew up in one of the rainiest countries on earth finds rain so anathematic (I think it involves damage to hair styles if I had to guess). We saw Night School because, well, Tiffany Haddish. Kevin Hart does better in supporting roles and has a tendency to yell/scream more than required but Haddish is pure gold. She’s very funny as a stern teacher trying to mentor hustler Hart to his GED. There are some very funny moments, especially when Hart and Haddish square off, but not enough to make this anything special. The formulaic ending could have been written by a junior high student.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent FiancĂ© & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got invole din planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latin friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment