Friday, October 12, 2018

Mending

Feisty Level Almost Back to Normal

The very best news possible came out last evening with our nightly FaceTime call to our Favorite Son. The BRS is finally on the mend after battling a nasty cold over the past week. She was back to cooing and crawling at nearly her normal rate which was great news for some anxious grandparents, not to mention my son and the ABFA. The ABFA’s mom had been on station for a couple days providing the needed support. I commiserated with my son because having a sick baby is about the worst feeling in the world  in terms of frustration and feeling of helplessness as he most vulnerable family member is suffering. My Favorite Panamanian has been in turmoil all week thinking about the BRS and remembering what it was like when one of ours was sick at the same age. The only downside for my son was the BRS no longer wanted to snuggle as much as she did when she was feeling bad.
We have Windows!

And Doors
Of course my wife was dealing with her own challenges yesterday since the cold I bestowed upon her last week had morphed to full blown pneumonia with her frantic travels over the past week. The doctor advised rest and anti-biotics. The rest part will be the hardest to enforce since her mind is going a thousand miles an hour now that the renovation project is reaching its final stages.
Progress
A couple doors went up yesterday as well as all the windows which made a huge difference. The roof was finished which was excellent timing along with the windows since the remnants of Hurricane Michael are passing over us today. Hopefully the plumber will be on station next week to rough in the bathroom and heating systems and we can enter the finish work stage.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent FiancĂ© & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involed in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment