Friday, October 5, 2018

Division

The FBR Chose Her Own Outfit Today
This Borders on Being a Fashion Explosion

I think I’ve finally got his damned cold on the run. It’s been subjected to a  withering chemical attack over the past couple days and this morning I felt almost back to normal along with the obligatory final phases of a cold, the incessant hacking cough which has co-workers avoiding my office, I guess like the plague. So, an upside. I’m being abandoned by my Favorite Panamanian for a super-secret Latin Mafia mission over the next few days so rest would seem at least possible this weekend. The BRS is also dealing with a cold and was demonstrating that coughing is an instinctual, not learned behavior yesterday. All parents know how much fun a sick baby can be. While we were talking via FaceTime last night and commiserating with our son we caught the moment the BRS first heard the ABFA’s voice as she returned home. It was a like a switch was pulled as the BRS emerged from a semi-conscious state and immediately demanded to be picked up by her mother. The need for a mother’s arms when you’re not feeling well probably dates back to caveman days.
The renovation proceeded apace yesterday as more and more of the hardware we ordered on line appeared at the house. The electrician was in and with wires starting to appear between all the exposed studs I got a feeling we were finally heading into the final phase as long as the plumber shows up as scheduled. One benefit of the whole project was the requirement to move the couch closer to the TV in the Man Cave so they could get into the wall behind the normal position of the couch. My wife, Keene Friend, and I watched the Pats dismantle the Colts yet again. Watching a football game on a 70 inch television from six feet away is definitely the way to go.
Finally I find myself wandering further and further away from Facebook. I used to love catching up with friends and seeing what was going on. I have friends on both ends of the political spectrum and each time I go on I find myself bombarded with professionally created memes lionizing whatever the daily political or social controversy entails and their opinion on it. For me that’s too easy and bordering on lazy. So many of these memes from both sides of the political spectrum were created in windowless rooms not far from the Kremlin. They were released to the net to do exactly what they’re doing – divide us. They plant these memes on Facebook and unsuspecting people spread them like wildfire. Before you send out that Facebook posting that captures what you’re feeling, do your homework. Is it true? Does it take a scintilla of truth and then extrapolate it beyond reason? If you feel strongly enough about an issue – put it out in your own words. That I’ll actually stop and look at. The Russians do not need our help, well actually they do, we are doing this to ourselves. It’s called asymmetric warfare folks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent Fiancé & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got invole din planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latin friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment