Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Sweet

The FBR Prepping to Meet the Day

I’ve painstakingly avoided commenting too much on the historical Red Sox season because I didn’t want to jinx them. That’s how a Red Sox fan who grew up with 1967, Bucky Friggin Dent, Bill Buckner, etc. etc. rolls. I cannot, however, let the events of last night pass without comment as the Red Sox once again eliminated the Yankees IN YANKEE STADIUM! I’ve been prepared to write this Sox team off many times this year based on the performance of the past two years but this one is different. They’ve got attitude if not any bull pen arms. After the Yankees won in Fenway this past weekend I dreaded going to NYC but the Sox did what they have done all year long, they responded. The spanked the overconfident Yanks 16-1 and then won the series last night 4-3.
Even the Red Sox bullpen with the startling exception of Kimbrell dominated last night. Given a 4-1 lead in the  9th inning Kimbrell proceeded to try his best to give the game away but his fielders would have none of it. For the second time this year the Sox celebrated on the Yankee Stadium field which must have old George doing cartwheels in his grave and trying to summon the ghost of Billy Martin so he could fire him again. Kind of poetic that Mr. Dent threw out the first pitch yesterday.

Birthday Girl on Far Right Next to My Favorite Panamanian
My wife joined me for several FaceTime calls during the last couple innings as we tightrope walked the last few minutes together albeit 500 miles apart. She had returned from celebrating the Maine Musquetera’s birthday in typically elegant style for the ladies involved, I believe sangria was involved. Even better than the Sox win will be my Favorite Panamanian’s return later today. Toilet seats will be crashing down all over the house in preparation.
The Mafia Gathering
The 3 Musqueteras in the Front Row

Gymnastics!

Always Regal

Goofing with Dad
Earlier in the day we had a dual FaceTime call with the FBR. She sat down for dinner and declared that she wanted to see both her grandparents. My daughter and Wingman, ever the creative ones, had two devices going so both my wife and I were facing the FBR while she ate. She seemed to revel in the attention, she’s kind of a ham. My daughter sent the accompanying photos which tell you how busy the FBR has been over the past few days with gymnastics, Curbside reunions, and the hectic life of a soon to be three year old.
The news is less rosy up in New Hampshire where the BRS is still fighting the persistent cold. My Favorite Son took her into the doctor yesterday where he confirmed it wasn’t anything more serious than a cold but that doesn’t mitigate the concern of watching the usual bundle of energy moving around lethargically. She crawled over to the ABFA and up into her arms so she could fall asleep there. Feel better little one.
Story Time 





Curbside Gen 2

Along with a First Gen Curbside Gal
My wife will find some dramatic changes to the house upon her return. Hopefully the roof gets finished off today and yesterday Deckzilla Dude dropped the last wall to open up the corridor to the new addition. We’re still a few weeks away but I’m getting psyched.
The New Hallway
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent Fiancé & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got invole din planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latin friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment