Thursday, November 30, 2017

Turn About

In a turnabout in gender roles within our house that is sure to shake the cosmos to its very foundations my Favorite Panamanian went to the movies last night while I stayed home. I know. I’ll give you a few moments to recover from the bone deep shock I’m sure this revelation caused. She and a contingent of the Panamanian Mafia wanted to see a chick flick while I wasn’t geared up for any of the other movies playing so there it is; a very simple explanation of this earth shattering development. In a nod to advancing age the ladies gathered at one of their houses for tea following the movie instead of the wine of earlier years.
This freed me up for an extended time in the Man Cave and a slasher flick my wife would never have tolerated. Come to think I wasn’t that enamored of it either – that’s why God invented the Fast Forward button. Once that was done I finally got around to binge watching a few episodes of the Netflix series Mindhunter which I am firmly hooked on now. Wingman clued me in during a recent visit to New Jersey. It’s a fascinating look at the start of the FBI’s serial killer profiling. I was trying to figure out who the female professor was for a long time until I realized it was old friend Anna Torv from the beloved old Fringe series. If you haven’t seen this show yet – do yourself a favor.
Winged Success
Speaking of Wingman he imparted some very good news last night during our nightly FaceTime call. He’s been working at a newly opened restaurant for less than a month and they’re already elevating him to a managerial position. He as typically humble about the elevation but it speaks volumes to his hard work. I also made the mistake of mentioning to the FBR about the possibility of a fire in the back yard when she comes up this Friday. She immediately wanted to see what it looks like and I’ve learned she doesn’t forget anything so I better start gathering some kindling. She comes from a strong maternal tradition of excellent s’more creators so I’m sure that will be on the menu.

The Bad Cinema project count rises to #66 out of 100, with Escape from Galaxy 3 – an Italian version of erotic star wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment