Monday, November 6, 2017

Shrug Life

I’m giving Frail Deeds the proverbial shrug today because I have nothing of note to report. You might have guessed that eventuality with yesterday’s post about needing some rest after a gloriously misspent weekend with friends and family. My wife, social butterfly incarnate, was not finished yet – she abandoned me for yet another Panamanian Mafia gathering yesterday evening. I spent my time in the Man Cave finishing off Stranger Things Season 2 and being in thrall to the NFL Red Zone which remains one of the best inventions ever conceived. I’m gearing up for the start of my extended holiday season. It starts this weekend with the birthday for the FBR, followed closely by my own birthday and attendant pub crawl, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s (in Panama condo this year), and my wife’s birthday in early February. This hectic season will be thankfully extended with the February arrival of the BRS which will provide a nice bookend date for these serial celebrations.
I did speak with my granddaughter who spent most of the call complaining that her abuela was not with me during the call. The worm has certainly turned in that department. The FBR was busily and noisily consuming her first ever cup of hot chocolate. I don’t have to tell you how that went. I am bereft of any new photos of her – blame her parents.
We had yet another mass shooting yesterday, this time in Texas. The brain dead loser who perpetrated it was an ex-air force jerk who was kicked out with what we used to call a Big Chicken Dinner – a Bad Conduct Discharge. That means he had a federal conviction on his record, for spousal abuse no less, and yet he was still able to acquire the arsenal he used to gun down the innocent church goers. There shouldn’t be any debate on gun control until we start enforcing the rules we do have which should have prevented this.

The Bad Cinema project count rises to #51 out of 100, with Brain Twisters featuring the most awkward leading man - ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment