Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Vote is In

This Weekend's Birthday Girl
I’m starting to get excited about the upcoming birthdays. Alright, that’s a fib; I started getting excited for them months ago. As they bear down on me the anticipation is likewise increasing geometrically. The FBR is up first this weekend and she accompanied her parents to the voting booth yesterday. She then published the following Public Service Announcement which should be used in all future elections. My birthday follows next week which carries with it the annual birthday pub crawl. I’ve already started to get reports back and it looks like we’ll be breaking attendance records in that area again this year with some of my favorite people in the world signing up. My Favorite Son, who is the only one to accompany to all of the preceding ones, will be the guest of honor.
Date night last night culminated with walking out from the theater into the first snow squall of the year. My wife was not impressed. We saw Thor: Ragnorak which was a lot of fun. They decided to lighten things up in this latest Thor movie and Chris Hemsworth turns out to have a quite viable comedic turn in him. The movie is unremittingly funny throughout even as Asgard is getting seriously trashed when Thor’s older sister, unfortunately the goddess of death, arrives to shake things up. Loki is a little more understated this time out which was a good decision because it let the other actors have more, and there’s that word again – fun. Tessa Thompson as a drunken Valkyrie was particularly good and there’s liberal use of the Hulk which is never a bad thing. I’m not sure how Marvel keeps doing it but they’ve another hit on their hands – I loved this movie.

The Bad Cinema project count rises to #53 out of 100, with The Day Time Ended featuring a very unfortunate desert home owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment