Sunday, November 5, 2017

Sleep Glorious Sleep

Friday Night at Maxwell's
I really needed the extra hour of sleep the daylight savings change brought today. I’ve been overindulging a bit since the last time I wrote on Frail Deeds. It all started with a very under supported celebration of the First Friday of the Week. Only my political boss and I showed up but that turned out to be a very productive development. Usually we have to avoid certain subjects based on the additional attendance of subordinates. With just the two of us everything was on the table and we spent a lot of time exchanging ideas and assessments that wouldn’t have been possible in a more well attended outing. We decided this is something we ought to do regularly because it was so productive. First Friday – the gift that keeps on giving.
Wife and Friend
My Friday night was not over though. For reasons I’m still trying to figure out, I promised my wife that I would take her out dancing that night. She recruited a Panamanian friend visiting one of the Worcester Chapter of the Panamanian mafia to join us so there was no way I could back out. It turned out to be a very fun evening at Maxwell Silverman’s. My wife’s new friend was charming and the usual middle aged crowd ebbed and flowed all night on the dance floor. I was a little disappointed that none of the single guys availed themselves of dancing with the extra Panamanian, so I was “forced” to dance with two beautiful tropical ladies all night long.
FBR Finally Caught the Cat 

My Saturday recovery plan, after clearing leaves off Deckzilla, was binge watching college football and Stranger Things – mission accomplished. My wife helped in this regard by taking off to do some granddaughter birthday gift shopping with the Neighborhood Mafioso. The Favorite Son and the ABFA also checked in to coordinate deployment next weekend for the FBR’s birthday ceremonies. The BRS is progressing and now represents a significant baby bump. It’s almost scary how fast February is approaching. My time in the Man Cave was well spent as it is ideal for recharging strained batteries. That re-charging was needed because my weekend festivities were not finished.

We journeyed south as the sun was setting to have dinner with Great Aunt and Soxfather. We were just about to the restaurant when the FBR called in. She was fascinated with the darkened car and the well-known voices emerging from the darkened back seat which she couldn’t see very well. We had a short wait for a table and were entertained by a scantily clad and very well endowed young lady in a full mermaid costume. She was raising money for St Jude’s and created a huge attention span problem due to her tendency to bounce.


A Very Fun Dinner Group
Dinner was a lot of fun because it was the first time all four of us had been together in a long time; a lot of shared family history at that table. We followed up dinner with yet another epic night at McShawn’s with Soxfather’s awesome family. We eventually seized control of our usual corner of the pub and held forth well into the evening. My Namesake Nephew took a quick break to turn a couple sensors back on in our new car. He works as a Toyota mechanic and was able to do what I’d been trying to do for several days in about 13 seconds.
The McShawn's Corner Table

And my Favorite Part
It was a great evening surrounded by family with the usual hijinks going on seamlessly with a good college football game on overhead. Soxfather’s sister continued her diatribe against the photos I put of her in this blog. Her other brother, favorite child of the family, assisted by texting me several which I include here (of course). It had been a while since my wife attended one so she enjoyed the evening even more. Of course with her attendance also came the requirement to drive us home at the end of the night. I remember parts of that trip. Like I said – I needed the extra hour this morning.

Obligatory Soxfather Sister and Great Aunt Picture

So Photogenic
The Bad Cinema project count remains at #50 out of 100, since Stranger Things binge watching intervened.

No comments:

Post a Comment