Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Munday

Reaching for the Stars
Another day of mundane existence yesterday which, considering the upcoming slate of events, is more than welcome. After checking in with my work load for the upcoming week it looks like I’ll be able to take Friday off and journey down to New Jersey a day earlier than I thought. Any additional days with the amazing New Jersey contingent is more than welcome. They finally bequeathed some additional photographic evidence of the FBR’s bone deep cuteness which I share here. We also reestablished contact with Keene Friend last night and caught up with events up north as well as confirming details on the impending pub crawl.
Back in the Swing of Things
I’m currently a prisoner in my office. The main road outside of our facility is finally getting re-paved. It’s one of the main thoroughfares into the city of Worcester and it’s always been in terrible shape. I think with a little more slope it could have qualified as one of those mogul skiing courses. It was known to swallow small cars. While the repair is welcome and long overdue it remains a huge pain in the posterior, especially since we have to keep running buses in and out of here all day long. All that being said, the job of driving one of these asphalt machines I’ve been watching all day must be the most boring job in the civilized world.
Outside my Office Window Today

I finished the latest and regretfully last currently published by LE Modesitt in the imager series with Assassin’s Price. Interestingly Modesitt this time focuses on the royal family instead of the imagers that have been the staple of this excellent series so far. Alaster and his imagers are still subordinate characters but the shift was actually welcome because the imagers are viewed externally instead of following their every move and motivation. A young king is confronted by an insidious plot involving a series of assassination attempts on top of a potential naval war. As with all Modesitt’s work he focuses on a lot of minute day to day detail in his characters’ lives. Instead of making his prose hard to read it provides a welcome level of detail as the reader is transported into the well-defined fictional world of Solidar. Modesitt really is the consummate story teller. Imagine my delight to find a Harry Bosch as well as a Jack Reacher waiting on my kindle when I finished.

The Bad Cinema project count rises to #52 out of 100, with The Head – a late 1950s German horror movie attempting film noir.


No comments:

Post a Comment