Friday, November 10, 2017

Better than I Expected

She Couldn't Decide Which to Hug so she Split the Difference

FBR Hugs are the Best
The title refers to my current situation and you have to understand that was nigh on an impossible task. Impossible because my expectations for landing here in New Jersey and spending time with the FBR and her most excellent parents was stratospheric to begin with. We pulled in late last night after an incredibly smooth trip down. The FBR was already in bed but that gave us some time to hang with my daughter and Wingman. We get to see more of them since they relocated to the east coast but it never seems enough. We’re all excited for tomorrow’s second birthday party for the FBR because she’ll now realize what is going on.
Well That Didn't Take long

My Daughter the Cat Whisperer

I wear These so Much Better than you Abuela

My wife and I were awake and dutifully waiting for the FBR to arise in the morning. It was incredibly difficult not to break protocol and rush into her room to announce our arrival. As soon as she saw us she rushed into to give us her patented hugs and everything clicked into gear with the cosmos. Grandchildren have that effect. I was soon plastered with stickers and loving every minute of it. She’s forming complete sentences now and we can have actual conversations which is so much fun.
My Breakfast Assistant

Two Favorite Ladies

You Knew I'd End up With the Ears on
She helped me with breakfast prep and actually helped. She then declared it was time to play which has some very established ground rules. I was required to spend most of the time on the floor at her level which allowed the occasional hug attack. She walked me through all her newest toys as well as inventing a couple games as we went along. My wife couldn’t resist so we gave her the first of the birthday presents we brought along. I was soon wearing the cat ears hair holder, with as much dignity as humanly possible.
Inseperable

Too Silly for Words - Static Hair
We sent the parents for a long overdue movie this afternoon while we assumed full responsibility. We invented a game where we hid under a blanket until the person looking for us pulled it off with a dramatic flourish. She’s so excited waiting to be discovered that she squeals with delight the entire time. Once she finds something she likes it must be repeated no less than three dozen times. There was a funny consequence when the blanket was pulled off due to static electricity.  Everyone’s hair stood straight out. This wasn’t a big problem for me, obviously, but it was hilarious for the two ladies.
Present opening

We just heard from the Favorite Son who is starting his own trek south once he acquires the ABFA who had to work today. They won’t be in until late tonight and are all the poorer for missing this time with their niece but I think quality time with young children is something they’ll be receiving some intensive training in the coming year. That’s enough writing for now – back to the fun.

Partners in Crime

A Very Happy Grandpa
The Bad Cinema project count will stay at #54 out of 100, because so much more important things going on down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment