Thursday, November 16, 2017

Sis Day

My Birthday Dinner Date 
First of all – a large and heartfelt thank you to all the folks that reached out to wish me a happy birthday yesterday. It is so cool to be reminded of how many friends I have lurking out there. I had a very funny situation at work where we normally celebrate each manager’s birthday with a cake and a quick get together. The lady who coordinates that effort is a direct report of mine and for a number of reasons she forgot. Late in the day I got an email from another subordinate wishing me a happy birthday and I responded with thanks and that she was the only on that remembered. This must have set off some sort of email storm over night because when I walked in this morning everybody was laughing about how bad she felt. Everyone spent the evening telling her this was the one birthday (the boss’) that you can’t forget. She had the cake and gathering waiting for me as soon as I got in from the monthly board meeting.
Great Aunt
Today, though is a much more auspicious day since it marks the birth of my semi-elder (although my use of the e-word will get me in trouble) sister – the august Great Aunt. We achieved the designation of Irish twins (born within a year of each other) by one day as I crashed her first birthday party. She’s tortured me ever since by being better at everything (except directions and timeliness).  She’s joining us for the pub crawl which will lend a sense of elegance to an otherwise fairly scruffy crowd.
Other Sister
Today also marks the birth of yet another sister, that of my dearest and beloved sister in law – the titular head of the gang known as the Pana-Gals. We’ve had a fun relationship with each other ever since I abducted her favorite sister away. She’s the person I look forward to hanging out with the most during our trips to Panama because if she’s in the equation a party is usually not distant. I may be in a modicum of trouble for the pictures I posted of her on Facebook today – you be the judge.


The Bad Cinema project count rises to #57 out of 100, with 984 – Prisoner of the Future which should have been sub-titled with “most boring movie ever made”.

No comments:

Post a Comment