Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Hallow-weaned

Happy Times in New Jersey at Least
We postponed date night since last evening we were supposed to be deluged with trick or treaters. This is our third year in the neighborhood and the first year was kind of sparse. Last year, while my wife was away, I was inundated with young candy seekers. I remember telling my wife how cool it was as I gave out all of the huge bowl I’d prepared. I prepared a similar bowl last night and waited, and waited, and waited. I live in a weird neighborhood (insert sarcastic remark about a perfect match here) because last night we only gave out a half a bowl’s worth and that included veritable fist fulls once the evening wore on.
Although it Was kind of Nippy 

I don’t know if it was the cold weather or a reaction to the latest terrorist attack in NYC but people were just not out last night. We only had about twenty people total show up. It could be the real candy hogs are so far out of shape that they don’t want to walk up the hill to our section of the neighborhood. I blamed my wife since her presence seemed to have a deleterious effect on the trick or treater population. Sher only hit me twice after I said that.
The Enhanced Makeup Application
The real action was down in New Jersey where the FBR conducted Halloween celebrations for the first time where she actually continued to the effort.  My daughter took the day off from work and they garbed the FBR in the Minnie Mouse costume we gifted to her a while ago. I don’t have to tell you how incredibly precious she looked. Her mother had just applied black makeup for the mouse nose when the FBR seized control of the makeup application and added her own interpretation. She was a little cranky all day since the excitement eroded the willingness to nap at the assigned time.
At the parade


Dancing with Dad
Her crankiness dissipated when they arrived in the town center for a Halloween parade which featured some of her favorite music blaring out. Soon she and Wingman were dancing on the sidewalk. Following the parade they went to a friend’s house for a toddler Halloween party with a bunch of her pint sized friends. She picked up a harmonica and started playing away during the obligatory photo op. She also discovered the hand bag she had been carrying around as part of her costume was meant for candy acquisition. She started raiding the host’s trick or treat supply bowl and filling her bag.
Nap Dodging with Pee Wee


Party Time with Harmonica Serenade


My daughter tried unsuccessfully to quell the candy theft as the hand bag mysteriously filled back up after it was emptied each time. They eventually left to do some of their own trick or treating for the first time which the FBR was very adept at, she’s nothing if not outgoing. We finally caught up with them as they were coming in from that. The FBR has a cold coming on which made her even more brusque when it came to dealing with grandparents but I did get a sneaky smile from her when I played our video hide and seek game – so that rescued the evening completely.

First Time Trick or Treating

With the Self Filling Bag

My Daughter Reminded me so Much of Her Mother in this Photo
The Bad Cinema project count remains to #48 out of 100, since the Favorite Panamanian required support for phantom candy distribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment