Monday, November 27, 2017

Victory Fire

My Fire and I Last Night
The wife captured the above photo last evening after the Patriots’ win – it was too cold for her to venture further outside (one of her few character defects). I love being outside on a cold night in front of an open fire – dedicated pyro that I am. One of the things I wanted to accomplish over the past weekend was to have a fire in the style challenged fire pit so we could introduce the FBR to intricacies of s’mores. Events were too hectic to allow that so it was put off for a later visit. 
FBR Lamenting her S'more-less Existence by Helping Dad Clean the Deck this Moring

After the Patriots convincing win over the trash talking, totally undisciplined Dolphins who seem to want to fill the Rex Ryan void for teams of disorderly conduct, I decided to start a new tradition. After each Patriot win I’ll head out back and light up a fire – this could be a challenge once we reach January but a promise is a promise. The fire also signaled the end to what might have been the best Thanksgiving weekend ever, at least until next year.
Kevin Kline as George in a Great Movie
I emerged from the Man Cave post-Red Zone to find my wife watching one of my favorite movies of all time upstairs – Life as a House. We adjourned to the Man Cave to watch it together in full theater mode. If you haven’t seen this movie then you have done a dis-service to yourself. It’s a movie about death that has so much to say about life. I could watch it every day.

The Bad Cinema project count rises to #63 out of 100, with Invaders from Space a black and white Japanese TV show merged for an equally pathetic movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment