Friday, December 1, 2017

What!!!

I have it on good authority that December is upon us and that seems somehow if not impossible then highly improbable. That’s the problem when I have too much fun in November – it just speeds by too quickly. Luckily December is my favorite month of the year since it boasts Christmas day and I’m an unapologetic worshipper at the altar of St Nick – just love it. Especially with the advent of on line shopping which keeps me scrupulously out of malls for the entire month.
FBR Staging an Anti-Jacket Wearing Protest Yesterday
December will certainly start off with a resounding upside since the FBR and daughter will arrive this afternoon in preparation for tomorrow’s ABFA baby shower. Talk about starting the month off with a win! Laying the groundwork for their arrival, we ventured back to our old Charlton hunting grounds to secure this year’s Christmas tree. While I do miss getting the twelve foot tree our Charlton home accommodated I did get to stand ever single tree in the lot awaiting a wifely decision. She eventually refused to make one and accepted the one I liked best – that way I get the blame.
The Tree and Partially Competed Sign Wall

The tree is up and the lights are on so my work in that area might be done as the Favorite Panamanian rightfully assesses my decorating skill as non-existent. While I have the Christmas spirit I am bereft of any style points. That came to the fore as she tried to arrange the changing of the message signs on her wall. She went back and forth and finally I just hung up all the signs – said “Voila!” and received a withering look of disdain at what I had wrought. I’m looking forward to the FBR seeing the tree and helping decorate it tonight. I’m sure she’ll get a pass. We have a very busy weekend ahead for us. We journey north tomorrow for the aforementioned baby shower and then rush back to Worcester because we’re also attending the Company Christmas party tomorrow night. It should be interesting but I’ll have some resident motivation and it is December, after all!

The Bad Cinema project count rises to #67 out of 100, with Welcome to Blood City a 1970s version of The Matrix.

No comments:

Post a Comment