Thursday, December 28, 2017

House Sprite and Rush to Depart

And We're Having Even More Fun than She Is!
My wife and I continue to revel in the presence of the FBR and all that entails. There has been no lapse in her development in a sense of self and she’s already an ardent negotiator, especially on the subject of Dora the Explorer. She is a true joy to have around even if it forces her grandparents to shed some of the rust off their child care procedures. She engaged in a series of art projects with her abuela yesterday and proudly displayed her artwork when I got home.
Art work Yesterday

When Not Guitar Strumming
An inevitable part of my wife’s preparation for a trip to Panama involves a visit to the salon. The FBR’s presence required that take place last night after I got back from work. This had the second order effect of placing me in charge of dinner, bathing, and putting to bed for the FBR. These are tasks I’m usually gently restricted from, for what seems to be obvious reasons to the women in my life. The FBR and I teamed up for an inspired effort and even threw in a quick FaceTime call to her parents. This is where the importance of Dora comes in as a negotiating tool. I had way too much fun for such mundane daily tasks – I think the FBR hugs had a lot to do with that.
Back at it Today

With Play Dough!
My wife returned shortly after the FBR went down for the night and we immediately launched into Christmas de-decoration. In a couple hours we the tree divested of lights and ornaments and safely cooling out on the deck. It wouldn’t have made sense to leave it up baking for the next two weeks. I’m still going to miss seeing it when I come through the door each day. My wife adjourned upstairs to continue her ritual luggage packing, she has three bags over the weight limit which will require some adjustment. Another sign the holiday is fading away as will the arrival tonight of my daughter to seize control of the FBR back. My wife and I have an early morning flight tomorrow and we hope to spend the upcoming two weeks entirely at the new condo. Other than my annual movie post which I hope to knock out later today my next post will hopefully be from a tropical beach setting which is totally welcome since we’re setting records today in Worcester for the coldest day on this date in history.

The Bad Cinema project count rises to #88 out of 100, with a late night viewing of Horror High, deliciously bad with a bunch of 1970s Dallas Cowboys featured.

No comments:

Post a Comment