Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Mundane Start

Yesterday was the perfect start of the work week in that it was diametrically opposed to the days preceding filled with baby shows, FBR hangs, and time with both daughter and son. In other words it sucked, big time. I find myself thinking more and more about retirement for good. I enjoy the people I work with which is probably the only reason I’m still working (well that and the wifely credit card bills). For the first time since my teenage years, a time lost in the mists of ancient history, I can readily contemplate not getting up and going to working in the morning. It’s still at least a year off but as I anticipate the upcoming year with labor negotiations looming and a completed tropical condo as a counterbalance, I have to ask myself, why.

I was up on the back hillside last night hanging Christmas lights in the infernally uncooperative pine trees along the crest. I’d hoped to forego that display this year and thought I’d accomplished it until one of the neighbors asked my Favorite Panamanian why the lights weren’t up yet. Orders followed shortly thereafter. One of the joys of the work was the repeated intrusion of pine needles into my eyeballs since I couldn’t see them in the dark. All three dogs were laughing at me from their nearby grave as I stumbled along the hillside cursing in very un-holiday like manner.
FBR Happily Back on Home Turf
My wife was out shopping. I know, huge surprise! Before she returned I had a very short phone call with the FBR and the rest of the New Jersey contingent. The FBR has apparently forgotten the immutable bonds we formed over the weekend and couldn’t be bothered to acknowledge me since she was geared up for a rare television viewing, which her parents ration severely. It was good seeing her though, along with my daughter and Wingman. Wingman has been promoted to a salaried management position after less than a month at his new job which says volumes about his start there. My wife eventually did return and tried to lure me out shopping with her over the next few days. She even employed the nuclear option, going with my personal kryptonite saying that it would be for the FBR. It was a clever but ultimately unsuccessful ploy – this is why the Good Lord in his infinite munificence invented online shopping.

The Bad Cinema project count rises to #69 out of 100, with Future Hunters featuring the T1000 getting his butt repeatedly beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment