Friday, March 18, 2016

Winged News

Anybody who reads this blog regularly knows that I kind of like my new granddaughter, a little. So one can just imagine the immense joy, approaching ecstasy, greeting the news that she’s coming east in June to spend some quality time with her grandparents. Even better, she’s bringing her mother with her! My daughter comes east every quarter to work for a week out of her home office in New York City. The arrival of the First Blog Reader added some intricacies to that program. The Wingman is also embarking on a farewell tour with his band in May and June so that was added to the mix, since he’s the primary caregiver during his wife’s work day.
This Dynamic Duo are Heading East!
To make all this happen my Favorite Panamanian is going to deploy once again to Los Angeles for three weeks in May while Wingman is doing his last handstands from his moog synthesizer. At least I’ll have an entire month with her before she hits the road again. I’m starting to understand what it was like married to me with the serial deployments I made while in the Army. I think she handled it better than I do. At any rate I’m entirely psyched about this development as will my granddaughter’s numerous fans on the East Coast who have yet to meet her.
I also received cryptic reports from a dying telephone that my son and the ABFA had returned to New England from their cruise to the Bahamas and Jamaica. I was promised details tonight once his phone was resuscitated. I guess I’ll have to take it easy at First Friday this afternoon.

I leave tomorrow for my long planned Scudderian pilgrimage to New York City. I read all of Lawrence Block’s most excellent Matthew Scudder novels over the past year where New York and the Hell’s Kitchen section of same were like another character. I’ve always loved visiting the Big Apple and tomorrow I’ve got a list of some of the recurring landmarks from Scudder’s mythical life that I’m going to visit. I know it sounds weird but I miss hanging out with Scudder.







No comments:

Post a Comment