Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Monday Snow

I guess Spring didn’t get the memo to show up for work or Winter took a last gasp measure not to go down as one of the wimpiest winters ever. The better explanation is that this is New England and suck it up, cupcake. Sunday was a brilliant spring day that had everything sprouting greenly. I awoke to a Monday morning reminiscent of last winter with five inches of snow descending. While it was a little jarring I finally got to use the snow blower and exult in the fifteen minutes it took me to clear everything. Spring did appear in the afternoon and did a credible job of melting more than half of the snow that fell.
Sunday Afternoon Out Front

Monday Morning
I learned the downside of instant communication yesterday when my lunch at home coincided with my wife’s foray into a furniture store down in Panama. I’m willing to bet she planned it that way but she said she’d found the couch of her dreams for our future condo and wanted to buy it immediately. She already had answers for the myriad questions I had since the condo won’t be ready for furniture until this time next year at the earliest. I’ve got to stop answering shopping texts – when will I learn.
My recent tour of Hell’s Kitchen was rewarded by Netflix which launched the second season of Daredevil, the blind superhero trying to preserve law and order there. It looks a lot scruffier in the show than it did in real life but the devil’s gotta have someone to hunt. This show has the best choreographed fight scenes I’ve seen since The Raid movies. I’ve commenced my binge watching which was timely since I finally eradicated the stockpile of movies amassed following Christmas. This season adds both the Punisher and Electra and I’m loving it five shows in.

Brussels Airport Today - More Islamic Culture
My hearts out for the long suffering people of Belgium who’ve had an unappreciative mass of Muslim immigrants inflicted upon them for years. The sun center for European radical Islam resides in Brussels and the benevolent Western democracy has nurtured that dangerous societal cancer to spread there. There were two more cowardly attacks today against innocents. I know it will never happen but I’ve always thought Molenbeek would make a great parking lot. 




No comments:

Post a Comment