Saturday, March 26, 2016

Bedeviled

Hey Grandpa - Just Chillin with Dad/Wingman
While every Friday is a good Friday yesterday was the actual Good Friday of Catholic lore and I had to field several questions from a certain Panamanian inquiring as to my religious observations on the day. I’ve always thought it prudent not to ask questions you don’t want to hear the answer to. My wife does not ascribe to that theory. Suffice to it to say that the animal kingdom was not at any reduced threat levels yesterday in my wifeless house.
Yeah, I'm Cool
First Friday celebrations were everything I hoped for and more. The new head guy joined us as Monday will mark his first day on the job. The NCAA hockey playoffs were underway just down the street from Brew City and that lived up the atmosphere. Hockey fans are the best. I don’t think I’ve laughed as hard as I did yesterday in a very long time. There is truly something medicinal about shaking off the frustrations of a long work week with those who went through that week with you. Of course, I do not need to be convinced of the efficacy of First Fridays. I even got a call from my favorite cousin who will be Worcester tonight to watch the hockey playoffs and wanted to confirm the location of Brew City. Apparently the recently concluded pub crawl was effective.
Imitating Grandpa on Friday Night
I’m heading north in a little bit to link up with my Favorite Son, the ABFA, and the ABFA’s family. The ABFA’s parents invited me up for their annual Easter party which is this afternoon. I’m doing the same thing to the South tomorrow for my sister’s Easter party. I may be getting religion after all.
I finished my binge watching of the new season of NETFLIX’s Daredevil last night. Buddy took exception to the lack of attention I was bestowing on his august presence. I bribed him off with a rawhide chew toy. He’s a pretty cheap buy. Daredevil was a lot more confident this year, I’m guessing based on the success of their first season. The addition of the Punisher and Electra were welcome although Daredevil himself came across as a bit of a whiner; not a good look for a superhero.





No comments:

Post a Comment