Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Impending Deadline

I’ve become kind of a joke around work this week. Nearly everybody that comes by the office asks me how the house cleaning is going. I may have been a little too open about the challenge of returning my abode to wifely standards of cleanliness. I’m actually in fairly good shape. I still have to lower all the toilet seats to meet female expectations; that might be the hardest upcoming habit to break.
I leave shortly to pick up a couple dozen roses. I’ve found the amount of disgust I encounter on these now annual reunions has an inverse relationship with the amount of roses I buy; sinking swimmer and all that. I did find it much easier to clean the smaller house this year although the Wonder Pooch contributed yesterday by having a pre-lunch gastro-intestinal incident in the basement. After some minor adjustments at lunch today I’ll have to pronounce the house ready (or not) since I pick up my Favorite Panamanian at six thirty tonight (commence happy dancing – at least until she sees the house).

I did get a chance to talk with this vision of loveliness last night who revisited some of the techniques her own mother used on us  at her age. When I remarked that she looked a little tired my daughter revealed that she was operating on only two hours of sleep from the prior night. This was a new development since she’d been doing good sleeping through the night. I could only smile because her mother – my daughter – as a baby use to fight sleep like it was her worst enemy. Justice comes in all shapes and sizes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment