Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Imminence

Okay, one day out from the return of my Favorite Panamanian. Guess what I was doing last night? I wasn’t patronizing the local movie theater or counseling Buddy on his food addiction. I was cleaning bathrooms, an important step in maintaining marital bliss. I am now a huge fan of Scrubbing Bubbles although I was the one doing most of the scrubbing. I’m not going to show any pictures because that would be kind of creepy but the bathtub that Buddy scandalized on Sunday is now a gleaming white. I was actually a little impressed with myself afterwards. Since I shower at the Y each morning after swimming it should maintain its appearance through the Queen of Cleanliness’ arrival.
My wife paid a visit to the architects who designed and are supervising the construction of our condo down in Panama. As with most people, they were impressed with her and sent her a collection of artist renderings of what the interior of our condo is supposed to look like when it’s completed next year. I think I could get used to a place like this, especially since it’s located at my favorite beach, ever.
Living Room

Master Bedroom

Kitchen

Master Bath
In all too far off California my daughter unveiled a new coif that approaches dazzling. I think all new mothers reach a point where they need a shot of glamor back in their life. The First Blog Reader seems to be contemplating a career in gymnastics, ably assisted by her/my Wingman.
The New Doo

Gymnastics with Wingman
I continued my march through rural Wyoming ably assisted by game warden Joe Pickett yesterday when I finished off Blood Trail by C.J. Box. Box has Joe back in his usual setting which means he’s thrust into a situation fraught with political overtones where his straightforward honesty is bound to create chaos. A skilled assassin is gunning down big game hunters which are the economic life blood of the area. Joe is the first to sense it’s more than it seems and breaks his good friend Nate out of jail to run down the assassin. A truly great read. Here are some of Box’s words from Blood Trail as Joe’s wife (an important part of these books) explains to Joe why he’s clueless at times:
“”Joe, you can be so dense sometimes,” she said, shaking her head, “can’t you see what’s going on?”
“No, obviously.”
“Those two are deeply in love.”
“That I can see.”
“It’s not just that,” she said, rolling her eyes. “Nate wants to tell you something but Alisha isn’t sure she wants him to. She thinks he’d be breaking a confidence with her, and he’s asking her permission to do that. Alisha can’t decide if Nate’s relationship with you is more important than his relationship with her.”
Joe was flummoxed. “How can you possibly figure that out? Is that why she’s so angry with me? And what relationship are you talking about with me? Sheesh.”
She shrugged. “Trust me on this.”
“How can I look at them and not see any of that?” Joe asked. “How is that possible?” 
“This is why you need me.” She said, smiling. “You can be as thick as a brick sometimes.””








No comments:

Post a Comment