Sunday, March 8, 2015

Painting My Way Home

Just got back from my latest Keene thunder run where I was more than ably hosted by the Keene Friend. Before I left yesterday I started my kitchen ceiling painting project. Each year I devise some project to accomplish during my wife’s absence and not just because the absence of supervision makes the work go a little faster. I realized that this was my last free weekend to complete this year’s project.
Yesterday's Project Site
The ceiling was repaired a couple years ago and I have always meant to get around to it but intention and motivation never collided sufficiently to get it done. Since Keene Friend had invited me up earlier in the week I needed to knock it out yesterday before I left. When I finished I discovered the problem with painting white on white. It was difficult to ensure everything was evenly painted before moving to another section. I’ll attempt to close the gaps today on the patchwork quilt like results.
Keene Friend on Station at Scores
Forgot to Capture Cantankerous Friend Before he Escaped
The time up in Keene was everything I’d hoped for. Keene Friend and I took up station in Scores and were shortly joined by the Cantankerous Friend who was only able to stay a short time since he was squiring a bikini model around town later in the evening. While his time was short he was able to pummel us with cogent arguments concerning his effort to have President Obama declared a saint.
The Newly Crowned Champion Bar Tender
After he left, Keene Friend and I decided to change things up and pass on dinner at Margarita’s. We went instead to another favorite haunt, the Elm City Brewery, which had been sadly neglected over the past few thunder runs. We lucked into having our favorite bartendress on duty and were soon Keene Kolsching our way through a great dinner at the bar.

The Rest of the Gang Last Night
At a certain point in the evening I received a text from Keene Friend 2 and vectored him and his girlfriend to our location. The kolsch continued to have its way with my central nervous system and at one point I declared the bartendress the best bar tender in the city. We ended up spending a couple hours catching up and solving most of the world’s problems in the intervening time; a just a little too much fun.  I’m told Buddy knocked me on my ass when we got back to Keene Friend’s house but I think it probably had more to do with the amount of kolsch sent down range.  The whole time spent in Keene was another of those brief episodes of finding home again, because of the great friends I’m blessed with.
Front Yard Today
Back Yard

No comments:

Post a Comment