Monday, March 9, 2015

Counting Down Earnestly

My Favorite Panamanian in Las Lajas
Yesterday I passed inside of one week until my wife returns from her tropical sojourn. I first had to engage in some recovery operations from a little too much Keene Kolsch on Saturday night. I pulled a page out of Keene Friend’s own playbook by sneaking out of his house before he awoke. Buddy was a little upset that he didn’t get his usual morning stroll with Keene Friend but Sundays are a busy day in my wife’s absence.
The Fun Bunch at the Beach
After the shopping, laundry, cooking and painting were done I devoted some serious time to couch potato duties to pursue the delayed recovery operations. My wife called in a couple times to report on her Saturday which was spent at Las Lajas, my favorite beach in the world. She and her family went for a farewell visit and had the usual fantastic time. 
Unfortunately she acquired a cold at the same time and that’s never fun in a summer like environment.  She’s got a full plate this last week in Panama finalizing some bank transactions associated with our future second home. For the first time in a couple years I’m confident we’ve achieved some forward momentum. More on that in April.

We still haven’ achieved any serious melting around here yet and this is a time we should be looking for the first signs of spring peeking out of the ground. That may be happening somewhere under all this snow. We were beset with a series of fairly serious snow flurries all day yesterday because this winter has selected Sunday as a required snow day. We’re supposed to get above freezing for four consecutive days this week so a small stirring in the seed of hope. But it's still a Monday so I don' want to get all emotional.

Wife and Cousin with Best Laugh at Best Beach
I forgot to note that I finished my latest Kyle Mills book last week, Sphere of Influence. He thankfully returns to his unconventional FBI hero Mark Beamon in this book. Beamon is drawn into a terrorism investigation and soon finds himself undercover globe trotting with one of the world's biggest crime lords. Beamon as always is one step ahead of being arrested himself as he fights both the FBI bureaucracy and the CIA to prevent an impending attack.
Mills has really grown on me and he seemed to hit his stride with this book. He expertly wove action, comedy, and plot into a very entertaining page turner. I feel a lot better about his taking over the Mitch Rapp character after reading this book.  
Front Yard This Morning

Back Yard


No comments:

Post a Comment