Saturday, March 21, 2015

Balancing Act

Balance was returned to the universe of First Fridays yesterday since I finally had the spousal unit for culminating events at Zorba’s. I first had to negotiate the final work day of the week and the third day in a row that my excellent boss was hors de combat while fighting off an infection. I had to attend a lot more meetings than is customarily healthy for my psyche due to his absence so Friday arrived like an avenging angel to dispel any untoward feelings.
First Friday Salute to our Excellent Boss
We arrived at Brew City for our usual observation of the First Friday of the week to discover that same excellent boss had called ahead from his sick bed and bought the first round of the day. I did say he was an excellent boss, didn’t I? We felt obligated to fully recognize his donation by more than just consuming his thoughtful endowment and tried to remember his most memorable savagings of the political leadership from earlier Fridays.
My Panamanian Snow Bunny Experiencing her First Snowfall of the Year
As I returned home the snow started to fly, again, and came in a little heavier than the forecasters had predicted. I passed by an overturned jeep just before I got home. It looked like the driver tried to be a little more adventuresome than the slick roads were willing to allow.
She Sent this to Her Tropical Friends in Panama
For the past two months I proceeded immediately to Zorba’s after returning home but with my favorite Panamanian in residence my post Brew City nap was reinstituted while I waited for her to get ready (as I said – balance). She was greeted like a returning hero at Zorba’s where nearly the entire wait staff swung by at some point to welcome her home. There were a number of comments about it was nice to see me smiling again. I don’t know where that came from.

Beck Together in Zorba's
After we returned home we spoke for a while with our daughter and Wingman who are hanging out in St Louis for the weekend wedding of a friend. Our daughter sent us a picture of a lion who was hamming it up for her at the St Louis zoo yesterday afternoon. I remembered her as a toddler at the National Zoo where she always made a bee line for the lion enclosure; the first indication of her life long obsession with all things feline.
Midwest Lion Ham

Front Yard This Morning - Losing Some Ground in the Melting Wars

Back Yard

No comments:

Post a Comment