Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Crashing Melt

What is going on with all the train and vehicle collisions. Yesterday another train plowed into a truck that was stuck on the tracks. I’m not sure if this is happening more nowadays or there are just so many cameras around that we hear about it when it does happen more readily. You know if it bleeds it will lead the news. Maybe it’s just we’re all a little too impatient. I do know that the train has won every one of these engagements so I’ll wait when the gate comes down.
Top of Fence Emerges
We had some honest to God, actual melting going on yesterday as temperatures pushed well into the forties. I noticed this morning that the top of the five foot fence in our side yard was visible for the first time in weeks and grass was observable along a couple fringes (with a  couple feet of snow still above, of course).
Some Tough Winds this Winter
As the snow recedes some of the other damage is becoming apparent. At some point in the winter the combination of wind and snow blew out the latticework under the front porch. I’m not crawling under there to repair it until some more melting occurs.
Meanwhile in a Nearby Port City Favorite Son and ABFA Were Mystery Dinner Dining
I had great conversations with both the wife and Cali-Daughter last night centered on the fact that I will see them both this weekend. Cali-Daughter is flying back to confer with her NYC home office and scheduled it over a weekend so she could sneak up here and receive some long overdue Christmas hugs. We agreed that she and WingMan picked the perfect winter to decamp for the warmer climes of the left coast.

My Poor Attempt to Capture This Morning's Majesty
I went outside on the front porch this morning to take my daily photos and was greeted by a truly stunning sunrise. My camera in no way does it justice. Despite all the complaining I’ve done about the brutal winter Mother Nature still has one terrific sense of style.
Front Yard with Grass at Fringes

Back Yard

No comments:

Post a Comment