Sunday, March 22, 2015

Abba Reign

The dancing queen of Abba fame returned to her Worcester preferred haunt last night as my wife and I enjoyed a delayed celebration of our 33rd wedding anniversary at Maxwell Silverman’s. Regular readers will of course recognize the dancing queen as – my favorite Panamanian. She honed her dancing skills over the winter at the sun source of Panamanian rug cutting in David, Panama – the incomparable Joron Zepeda.
My Wife and I With Friend at Maxwell's Last Night
We first had to get through another pesky snow storm which had me out in the driveway from hell two more times yesterday morning. In a break from this winter’s routine the storm was followed by some honest to God mild weather which melted most of the storm’s deposit. Of course today it’s back into the teens in temperatures.

We decided on dinner and dancing at Maxwell’s to mark our anniversary because we’ve yet to have a bad time at this disco haven for those of us afflicted with middle age. For the first time however we had really bad service to start out the night. I had to go find a waitress after we’d been sitting for more than fifteen minutes with no service. When they eventually sorted themselves out we were taken really good care of for the rest of the night.
Joined by The Mafia
Dinner was very nice as we held a long delayed discussion as to whether we would put the house back up for sale once it thaws out. In a decision to maintain the forward momentum our plans for the future recently achieved we’re putting it back on the market in a couple weeks. I’m sure the ABFA will be unhappy about that.
The Two Most Beautiful Ladies in Attendance Last Night
Our favorite members of the Worcester Chapter of the Panamanian Mafia showed up to join us for the dancing portion of the evening’s program. My wife was in rare form and rarely left the dance floor for the rest of the night. I tried to gamely keep up but I was definitely fighting way above my weight. Apparently I wasn’t the only one recognizing excellence on the dance floor as a troll like aged Latino kept trying to get my wife to dance whenever my head was turned. She eventually told me this was happening and a locked eyes stare removed the issue from the rest of the night. A couple of the female drivers that work for me wandered in at some point so I’m sure my antics on the dance floor will grow in the telling for the upcoming work week.

Meanwhile, Out in St Louis, My Cali-Daughter (r) Was Dancing at a Wedding
Since my dance routines required the usual lubrication my wife was designated driver for the night. When I was finally able to pry her off the dance floor a little before 1am I tried to send a text to the kids, just to demonstrate their parents still had the ability to party (not that there was any doubt in that arena). Somehow the word “declaring” became “decaying” which raises the question if the auto-correct is trying to tell me something.
Yesterday's Mild Weather Knocked Back the Late Arriving Snow


No comments:

Post a Comment