Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Weekend Closure

Yesterday served as a perfect example of a Monday.  It was a little harder to take this week as it followed a statistically superior weekend.  A serious heat wave also descended which made me grateful that I finished the deck beforehand.

As with most Mondays this one involved work – as in employment, which wasn’t unwelcome since the house is a lot more empty without a certain Panamanian.  I’m about to go into another one of those scheduling feeding frenzy which is even more compressed since the son’s wedding is impinging on the available time.  At least a busy day makes the time speed by (which isn’t always welcome at my age). 

Sunday night I bit the bullet and decided to finally turn on the air conditioning.  The first floor works magnificently while the second floor (with all the bedrooms) failed just as spectacularly.  Since I spent a couple hundred bucks just a few weeks ago to ensure it worked the first time I was more than a mite distraught.  My wife survives in a very tight environmental zone and will not appreciate the heat if I can’t get it fixed (due back today). I ended up spending the night on the couch (first time I wasn’t exiled there for some major failure) on the air conditioned floor.  Luckily I have a really responsive oil company who promised a guy here first thing this AM and he was right on time (Sears take notice).  He’s working now hopefully to eliminate the upstairs sweat box.
Jack Applying the Double Tap Last Night
Around last minute work to upgrade the house cleanliness from bachelor status I took in the penultimate episode of “24” where Jack returned to his strong suit – killing Russians.  It was a great set up for next week’s season finale with everybody in a precarious situation and a Russian sponsored war looming between China and the USA.  It’s amazing, not to mention wildly impossible, that all of the events depicted this year happened within 12 hours but that’s what makes “24” such an insidious delight.  Suspending disbelief is required to fully explore an imagination.
My College Friend(L) and I in 1977
Proof That I was Once Capable of Growing Curly Hair
I wrote yesterday about the college buddy I spoke with.  I got home and found this picture of the two of us from 1977.  I was more than a little under the weather due to “winning” a vodka guzzling contest.  That was the very last time I ever had a sip of vodka.  Now back to cleaning; that “certain Panamanian” is on the road as I write this.
Wife Yesterday
She's On Her Way Back

No comments:

Post a Comment