Thursday, July 24, 2014

Sanity Check In Restored

Yesterday was about as soul leaching a day at work as I can remember.  I once again spent the entire day glued to the computer screen with a faithful IT “expert” seated beside me as we labored to make a Microsoft Access data base accept reality.  Anyone who has ever worked with one of these quirky little torture devices will understand the need for the expert at my side.  Well that and my legendary lack of computer prowess, but that goes without saying.

I count myself extremely fortunate therefore that yesterday was also the one day this week that my son was working in the area so we got together for lunch.  This not only allows me to inflict another photo of us together upon you but went miles towards preparing me for the afternoon session of electro-magnetic torment. 
Son and I With Proof of Life from Hannibal
He and the MEF are truly on short final with plans for the wedding now only days away.  We’re at the point where most of the conversation was coordinating wedding week activities; well that and his continuing ability to injure himself in non-contact sports.  I was also finally able to loan him the blu ray with the first season of Hannibal (that should prepare him for marriage).  My daughter finally successfully liberated it from bondage imposed by the Wing Man who held it hostage for months and avoided all attempts to get it to my son. 

Last night saw a truly impressive series of thunder storms role through which reduced Buddy the Wonder Pooch to a quivering mass of black jello.  I prepared his isolation chamber and administered his drug of choice.  He stopped trying to dig through the cellar floor once the drugs kicked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment