Thursday, July 10, 2014

Victory!

Yesterday the political boss specifically requested I speak at the scheduled public hearing last night about some minor route changes coming up.  I look forward to these things with about as much anticipation as a serial colonoscopy (is that possible? – don’t want to know the answer).  These public meetings always allow those whom I’ve referred to in the past as “Voices of Inappropriate Worth” to give full voice to their sense of entitlement as long as someone else is paying the bill.

The People’s Republic of Taxachusetts is fertile breeding grounds for this type of leech and the politicians pander to them relentlessly.  This points out the problem of one party rule more poignantly than any Fox news broadcast could rail about.  The political boss was doing the introductions last night when a heretofore unknown “Voice” walked in.  He was really decked out in a blazer, shirt, and tie along with some ratty jeans and possibly the worst hairpiece in the western hemisphere.

He immediately began interrupted the political boss repeatedly with nonsensical ramblings about an ancestor that was lieutenant governor about hundred years ago.  The political boss tried to be polite and eventually just looked over at me to start my pitch.  The bozo started the same routine with me so I walked over, stood about three inches in front of him and informed him he was being rude and that I expected him to be courteous when someone else was speaking.  I may have raised my voice a bit.  He didn’t say another word and beat feet when security showed up to monitor his antics.

I felt I’d done a public service and we got on with the rest of the meeting which resulted in some pretty good press in this morning’s paper.  I walked into work this morning and apparently the story of my interaction with the cognitively challenged was big news.  A co-worker said, “I heard someone met “The Colonel” last night”.   He opined that was why the political boss wanted me there.  I’m told I have a low tolerance level for whining.  I felt I landed a blow for common sense in an arena where it is seldom found.
I Wasn't this Direct - Though I was Tempted
The Red Sox finally showed some life last night as they jettisoned one of the ancient catchers and brought up some young blood.  They seemed like a different team even though they weren’t having any luck against one of the best pitchers in the league.  As soon as that pitcher was pulled though they went to work with one of the young guys grounding into an infield double and then scoring the first run.  They scored five runs over the last two innings to improbably win a game in walk off fashion.


I almost saw the entire thing but was called upon to continue my work in resurrecting my wife’s I-phone.  I thought reached my ultimate point in IT aptitude simply getting the thing to run again.  For someone as adept as my wife is at using a phone I cannot believe this task had fallen to me, luckily I have a guardian IT angel in NYC.  My wife got the family IT expert, the daughter, on the phone and she talked me through the process of restoring apps that had disappeared.  All of this happened just as the Red Sox rallied and I may have blown out one of my daughter’s ear drums when I shouted as the Sox scored the winning run.  I can now restore apps; so I’ve got that going for me.
My IT Expert With a Friend's Baby Last Night
Doesn't She Look Perfect Next to a Baby  - No Pressure J


No comments:

Post a Comment