Saturday, June 21, 2014

Transition to Weekend Limbo

Yesterday was possibly the most perfect (is that possible?) day weather wise with bright sunshine and almost no humidity.  It was the kind of day that was emblazoned in my memories from growing up in New England.  Over the quarter century I was away I convinced myself these kind of days were routine when summer arrived.  The reality turned out to be a tad more humid and less idyllic but yesterday served as a reminder of what I fantasized about.
I was lucky enough to spend the entire morning outside as I worked with one of our senior drivers to lay out a competition course for next week’s company picnic.  It was interesting work although I did sacrifice my reading glasses which disappeared under mysterious circumstances.  That led to an interesting afternoon in front of the computer with my back up pair which were missing one arm.
Afternoon at the Hub
My excellent boss rescued me from the delicate nasal balancing act the backup pair required by suggesting we spend some time at the downtown bus hub talking with customers and bus drivers.  That led to the usual flotsam and jetsam of Worcester society observations – some extremely interesting characters although it did lead me to rethink my earlier comments about the welcome change in female summer attire.  There should be a weight limit on the wearing of thongs in public view.
A Good Looking Date
We salved our bruised optic nerves with some Brew City libations for a First Friday celebration.  This was followed with a Zorba’s date with my favorite Panamanian who looked devastating in a summer dress and restored my faith in female summer fashion.  My daughter had an early morning flight scheduled to join the Wing Man in Minnesota but he reported via text while we were at Zorba’s that she spent the entire day at the NYC airport with airplane woes.  She acquired her lack of patience from yours truly so I know she had a miserable day.  I woke up this morning to some late night messages that she arrived late at night and had her feet in the pool while Wing Man recorded.

Daughter Feet in Minnesota
We’re attacking the deck this morning and hope to get it finished so we sneak up to New Hampshire tomorrow for a long delayed visit to Keene Friend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment