Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hump Day Detour Probing into Latino Home Night

My son sufficiently recovered from our Saturday depredations that he was able to make our weekly morale lunch yesterday.  Our normal haunt was undergoing renovations so we were forced to find an alternate dining location.  Luckily there was an Outback Steakhouse two minutes away so we did not suffer too egregiously.  
Obligatory Weekly Selfie of Son and I
Speaking of last Saturday’s depredations apparently the MEF was less than thrilled with my description in this blog of a certain Fat Belly bar tendress. While the vote was unanimous I do not specifically recall my son taking part in the balloting.  I hope that quells any resentment that may have been generated by this spontaneous plebiscite.
It was a typically fantastic lunch further embellished by the news that the MEF and son may have found the house they’ve been looking for.  The timing is a little off what with a certain impending wedding but sometimes life just refuses to follow a carefully constructed schedule (much to the consternation of certain engineers in the group).  The service was a little slower out back but we now have a bona fide alternate lunch site which will be worked into our schedule.
Returning home last night I was summarily shuffled out of the house for my wife’s dress fitting with a local seamstress.  I opined that my attendance was not required but she blithely informed me that my dress uniform pants would need tailoring due to the past year’s weight loss.  The cool thing about a small town is the presence of small businesses like the seamstress who works out of a quilting store; none of the trappings of a big city tailor but all of the quality (and more).
So I got to watch an hour’s worth of pins being applied to the dress my wife will wear at our son’s wedding.  Luckily she looks especially alluring in the dress which did ameliorate some of the boredom.  You won’t be seeing the dress before August though; no pictures were allowed.
Prior to my Pinning
Boredom was knocked completely out of the park when my wife and the fairly attractive seamstress convened at my posterior to discuss the needed alterations to my trousers.  It’s been a while since I’ve had my nether regions probed by a strange female and I will admit to a bit of nervousness as the pinning heading south on the rear seam.  I survived this exercise only to discover that the pants had been pinned to my underwear which led to a humorous (for my wife) removal process.  She didn’t appreciate my declaration that I should have gone commando.

We were supposed to see another movie last night but my wife was reacting poorly to some pain medication the doctor prescribed for back pain.  She decided the time was better spent at home with a team effort at empanada building.  She needs them for some impending gathering of the Latino Mafia.  Strangely her medical reaction cleared up almost immediately once I agreed to her plan (I’ve got to get a copy of that husband control manual all wives seemed to possess).  
Empanada Construction Activities - Note Buddy Lurking
Hoping to Pick Off Any Strays

No comments:

Post a Comment