Thursday, April 17, 2014

Horvathed Again

It’s no surprise that I’m inexorably reaching the end of my journey through Brad Thor’s excellent series of books featuring his super-agent Scot Horvath.  It seems once I pick up one of his books (or in this case power up the Kindle) that I’m in for a frenzied reading experience, trying to glean spare minutes throughout the day where I can get back to the story Thor’s immersed me in.  I just can't read them fast enough which is kind of frustrating.
This was again the case with Foreign Influence which I finished off yesterday.  Thor takes him back to saving the country again and brings back some of the more interesting characters from his earlier adventures as he tries to figure out what to do with Horvath’s private life since he’d painted him into a corner in that area.

Horvath starts out in Iraq and is quickly thwarting terrorist attacks there as well as London, Brussels and Chicago in short order, before finishing up in Yemen (of course).  He’s aided in this by a team of Amazon warriors from Delta Force which provide the perfect foil for Horvath’s single-mindedness.  Thor’s a great story teller and has cemented his place in my pantheon of literary heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment