Sunday, March 30, 2014

Saturday Somnambulance

Yesterday morning I finally got out into the yard to survey some of the damage inflicted by the winter.  This is one of the things I enjoy about home ownership, there’s always something to do, sometimes a little too much.  With my faithful assistant Buddy the Wonder Pooch, I tackled several front yard tasks.
My Assistant Providing Site Security
I repaired the stone walls which tried to migrate while under the snow (they get fairly mobile when unobserved).  There were also a huge amount of small tree branches littering the lawn.  I was making at game effort at collecting them while my assistant was more focused on stealing them.  Apparently he saw no reason to remove such prime chewing material.
Making Off With One of the Branches
The ground finally released its frozen clutches on the Christmas tree light posts allowing retrieval.  I felt a little silly driving in each day and seeing the posts defiantly proclaiming winter’s hold on the land, at least after they finally reemerged from under the snow.  The most enjoyable task was removing the stakes that lined the driveway marking the edges for snow removal; again kind of depressing to see them each day.  I did find a couple that had been processed through the snow blower so I guess I expressed those feelings a little aggressively a couple times(good snow blower though!).   
Posts Are Finally Gone
The rains came in shortly after noon and it’s been raining steadily ever since.  Rain and temperatures in the 30s is not a recipe for continued outdoor activities (left that behind when I disconnected from the infantry).  The rest of the day was spent cleaning out the DVR list (Hannibal is one twisted dude).


We were supposed to go out dancing last night but the rains convinced my wife that wasn’t to be.  I may have to send her in for some medical assessment because rain and cold have never been enough to dissuade her from dancing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment