Thursday, March 13, 2014

Mysterious Concerns

The missing Malaysian airliner just gets stranger and stranger.  Part of that is the slipshod way information is released to the press by the Malaysian authorities and the tidal wave of rumor mongering emanating from China.  The strangest thing is that it should have been located by now if it was anywhere near where it was supposed to be.  The scariest scenario has it hijacked and planned for some future nefarious venture.  I think the lack of any frenzied search of capable airfields militates against that worst case scenario. 

I’m still not feeling 100% which is concerning on a personal level.  I think it’s natural to start experiencing feelings of mortality once you reach 50 and the last vestiges of youthful invincibility are stripped away by the reality of an aging vessel.  I’m concerned because I always bounce back quickly (even after 50) and that’s not happening this time. I haven’t been able to work out in nearly a week and I have some serious partying planned for this weekend when my daughter and son in law show up.  They’re usually the best medicine for the soul so I’ll count on that.

View Out My Window Now - C'Mon!
Another thing I can count on is the New England weather, especially this winter, to be predictably ghastly.  The melt is definitively over and I almost went out to chain the house down last night as the winds were cooking.  We’re getting a pretty steady snow now that is falling mostly sideways.  I think March is taking this “lion” thing a little too seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment