Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Reunion Day

I staggered to the finish late last night in the complete rehabilitation of the house from bachelor conditions to hopefully acceptable marital inspection standards.  The inspection will take place tonight when my wife returns after her two month absence.  I’m sure the neighbors were a little concerned with every light in the house on last night as the vacuuming and mopping moved from room to room.  Buddy was less than pleased with his reduced wander range.  The only problem with a very clean house (or at least as clean as I got it) is the reluctance to use anything for fear of messing it up again.  Buddy certainly doesn't share my reluctance, hence the extended cage stay until inspection.
The Newly Pristine Kitchen
Made Breakfast This Morning a Real Chore
Interesting day over in the Ukraine yesterday as Putin sat back to gauge the rest of the world’s true resolve before he ventures further into Ukraine.  There was a fascinating scene of unarmed Ukrainian military from Belbek Air Base in the Crimea marching out to confront the Russians surrounding them.  It was staged for the media and the Russians almost screwed it up when some private started firing a series of warning shorts before he was brought under control.  The Ukrainians were marching behind their national flag as well as a World War 2 battle flag which speaks to the fraternal nature of the two sides involved in this conflict.  I was left impressed with the courage of the Ukrainian defiance. 
Ukrainians Marching Out
The Russians - Idiot on the Left Almost Started a War
This event also highlights the importance of getting the story out over the information superhighway.  This is Putin’s real Achilles heel in the information age and the cold warrior that he is doesn't always appreciate the decayed and discredited nature of the old Soviet tactic of telling the big lie and denying truths everybody else agreed to.  He’ll find it hard to keep the true nature of events in Ukraine from reaching his people but it doesn't mean he won’t try.
Yesterday was the most popular day ever in terms of page views on this insignificant blog.  I would love to think it was due to my cogent political analysis of unfolding events in the Crimea and not the picture of my sister in law in a bikini but I’m a realist (hence the photo below – it’ll be at least a few months before she can punch me, again). 


The blogger application allows me to see what countries are checking out this blog; not who, just the country of origin.  I've always gotten a lot of views from Russia, even when I write only about the mundane details of my life.  In terms of all time (since I started writing) views Russia is firmly in second place behind the USA.  The reason I’m mentioning that now is that in the last week (since I've been talking about events in the Ukraine) there hasn't been a single view from Russia.  Stuff that makes you go, “Hmmmmm”.  
My Wife and Brother in Law with My Bikini Clad Sister in Law
I Miss Las Lajas - Although You Can Clearly See Some Clouds in the Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment