Saturday, March 29, 2014

Friday Defaults

I was lucky enough to enjoy a Friday full of what has become the signature end of week events.  My excellent boss decreed the need for a celebration of the first Friday of the week to discuss the inanity of political leadership (a subject he feels strongly about).  The Brew City wait staff was up to their usual level of excellent service but it was a little telling that even the bar tender, not just our favorite waitress, knows what our order is when we walk in; the price of fame (or generous tipping).
She Was Worth The Wait
I returned home fully charged up for a non-keto extravaganza date with my wife at Zorba’s.  She assured me she would be ready promptly and told me to have a seat while I waited.  I’m not sure she’s fully grasped the concept of promptness.  I awoke from a nap about forty-five minutes later with no wife in view.  A half hour later we finally headed out the door, now very well rested (at least for my part).
Sister in Law Last Night in Panama
Zorba’s was typically awesome even though we had the worst waitress.  The owner was hovering most of the evening and even delivered our order when the befuddled waitress couldn’t figure it out.  My wife engaged in some very funny texting with her siblings down in Panama who were also out for some pizza.  It’s amazing that communications have reached the point that we can sit in a pizza place in Charlton, Massachusetts and exchange photos instantaneously to a similar place in the wilds of Panama (well maybe not so wild).

Brother in Law and His Wife at the Pizza Place Last Night
We finally received a reprieve from the penetrating cold although it brought a fairly steady rain all night.  As I look out into the back yard I can see grass all the way to the wood line for the first time since December.  It’s providing some sneaky optimism that spring may actually be attempting to show up.  I think it read the same book on promptness that my wife ascribes to.  
Spring Finally Showing Up - The View out Back This Morning
Buddy in the Distance Chasing Birds out of Yard

No comments:

Post a Comment