Saturday, October 6, 2012

Thrust Into the Presidential Race

The Front Yard Last Night
I had a really funny moment on Face book yesterday when a friend posted a picture where someone had transferred Obama’s haircut onto Romney and vice versa.  She posted it to me and said, “Who does this remind you of?”.  Romney, with Obama’s hair, bore a remarkable resemblance to me.  When I first saw the picture I thought it was me!  So I’ve got that going for me. 
 
Unfortunately it does not help me with my presidential election quandary since the photo contains elements for both candidates, much like my own decision tree currently.  It promises to be an interesting month with both vying to convince undecided voters such as myself.  I don’t kid myself though.  Since I live in Massachusetts my vote will not count for much either way as Obama will clearly carry the People’s Republic, even though Romney is kind of from here.  I’m still going to vote as every American should.

I’d have to classify the weather yesterday as the best of 2012.  I had to spend most of it in the office doing battle against the forces of evil (the union) but I did escape for an afternoon run.  The trees are starting to turn color in earnest now and the sunny afternoon had that crispy feel that I love about autumn in New England.
I left work a half hour early to get home and mow the lawn, maybe for the last time.  Buddy was a bit concerned that I chose to do that instead of chase squirrels with him.  I really enjoyed the time spinning around the lawn on the lawn mower just reveling in my favorite time of year. 

We ended the night with our typical Zorba’s pizza.  I was less successful avoiding the televised sports because my wife was trying to make a salient point when the umpires blew a call in the baseball playoff game and the fans littered the field with debris.  I refuted my wife’s complaint with my wandering attention by pointing out she had chosen seats and placed me six feet from a 60 inch TV screen – what was I supposed to do?  I saw the replay later at home and think the fans had it right.

I’ve got a three day weekend to fill up and my wife has some definite ideas about that – today will see the great plant migration.  This is an annual event at our house where all of my wife’s plants that spent the summer on the deck or front porch have to come inside for the winter.  This is always a challenging event because the plants grow while outside (amazingly enough) and don’t always fit  in their previous locations.  Luckily my wife is something of a decorating savant and the results are always remarkable.  We’ll also be conducting a funeral for the gallant tarp of the back deck shelter.  We got that one last summer out of it but it was painful.
The Scary Picture
Even Scarier
 

No comments:

Post a Comment