Sunday, October 28, 2012

Roothugger Reunion Day 2


My Wife and I on a Brisk Beach
The first full day of the Roothugger reunion had been planned for a day at the beach.  Although Hurricane Sandy is well away from us it dragged down some fairly brisk weather and with temperatures in the low 60s with whipping winds we were not going to experience the beach other than some quick photo ops.

The ladies noticed an outlet mall nearby and the men acquiesced as there doesn’t seem to be a lot other activities available in this area of Florida. After we dropped off the ladies the men repaired to a nearby bar where we checked in on the college football games and devoured some Bloody Mary’s in the best traditions of the hair of the dog of the day before.  Before we descended too far down that track we reunited with the ladies and suffered through some shopping.  The upside was my discovery of a Mrs. Fields’ outlet shop with a special on chocolate chip cookies – win!

The big event of the day was an interactive dinner theater in a town about twenty miles north of the hotel.  Getting to the place was a bit of a challenge since the town was having some sort of street fair but we eventually snuck in a back door; despite the best efforts of some overweight female teenagers who wanted to take close up pictures of their body art (a story for another day).

The dinner theater was a small restaurant and the acting troop definitely of local variety but they put their heart into the murder mystery and provided an extremely entertaining evening.  The food was fabulous with a truly prodigious cut of prime rib for me that even my wife was trying to poach.  The end of the evening called for each table to guess who the murderer was.  My wife and I both proposed the pectorally blessed Italian character only to be voted down by the rest of the table.  When our choice was revealed as the murderer my wife was actually a little bit miffed that her choice had not received more serious consideration.

 Another great day.  But news reports of hurricane Sandy are starting to cause some concern as to our return trip.
The Roothuggers Investigating Beach Prospects
Cutest Girl on Beach
My Wife Thought The Sand was Snow to Our Immense Amusement
Roothuggers Stranded at the Outlet Mall
Where the Guys Escaped To
Street Fair We Had to Dodge
My Wife with Dramatic Specs
The Roothuggers Assembled
The Dinner Theater
My Wife with the Cast - The Well Endowed Murderer on Right
My Wife and I at the Dinner Theater

No comments:

Post a Comment