Thursday, October 25, 2012

Consuming Crow

My Temporary Ride
L.M. Rocks!!!
Yesterday, about five minutes after I posted in this blog about the obstructionist posture that Liberty Mutual (the other driver’s insurance company) was taking I was blown completely out of the water.  I believe this was yet another example of when my impatience causes me to say things that eventually are proven completely erroneous. 

I was contacted by the Liberty Mutual adjuster who said he made a rental car reservation for me (admitting I was not at fault) and they would handle all the costs.  He could not have been more pleasant and helpful.  I thought about deleting the post I had just put up but decided it would be more appropriate if I abjectly admitted my failings in today’s post. 

There is an auto body shop directly across the street that was recommended by my insurance company so I went over there with the estimate USAA had provided.  I walked in the door, gave them the estimate, and they asked if I had a rental arranged.  I gave them my last name only and five minutes later the rental agency guy arrived to take me to the car at his nearby office.  I was taken aback by how smoothly everything ran.  I was literally back in my office with the new car less than 15 minutes after leaving for the auto body shop.  It was one of those cases where they do this type thing every day and when an outsider such as me is thrust into the situation it looks remarkably efficient.  One of the few times civilians have impressed me since I retired.

So, my unsafe car is in for repairs and I’m driving a Mazda for a week or so while that is happening.  I was telling the rental car guy about the accident and he was amazed as I was at the circumstances.  He says he does this trip dozens a time a week and hears some pretty hairy stuff from people involved in accidents. 

I am admitting for the entire world to hear that I was wrong about Liberty Mutual.  It turns out they did do the right thing and faster than they said they would. 
Front Yard Yesterday
 

No comments:

Post a Comment