Sunday, October 14, 2012

Northern Chapter Latino Mafia Party

One Very Unhappy Cat
Yesterday was a great day.  I spent most of the day babysitting Buddy in the basement man cave while my wife helped our hostess get ready for the Latin Mafia party.  Luckily there was a Walking Dead marathon as well as some very entertaining college football games on.  The house cat was still extremely unimpressed with Buddy’s presence.

I got some great news yesterday when the brother of a long lost friend responded to an email I sent six months ago.  I was trying to re-establish contact with his brother who was the best man at my wedding and whom I had lost contact with for nearly twenty years.  It turns out the missing friend is living in the Far East.  I’ve sent an email to him and hope to hear from him soon, he was a great friend.

The party turned out to be a lot of fun as my wife’s friend, taking a page out of my wife’s playbook, had located virtually every Latino in northern Maine and invited them to this party.  There was a very entertaining mix of cultures with representatives from Mexico, Dom Rep, Venezuela, El Salvador, Peru, Brazil, and of course Panama.  That being the case there was of course dancing involved with my wife predictably taking the lead there.  The biggest hit of the night was Dancing Queen which had every female at the party out there bobbing, even the Maine gals.

Our hostess is a legendary maker of cakes and she made a huge one for the party that involved a bunch of fruit which of course made it off limits for me.  In a very kind gesture she made a special small chocolate cake for me.  I retreated to the man cave and had my power dessert of beer and cake – heaven.  Buddy offered to help but I declined.  By the end of the night I was completely exhausted and once again totally impressed with the Latino ability to party.  Now the long ride home – at least we’ll get to see my favorite son enroute.
Party Getting Started - Everyone Always Ends up In Kitchen
The Dancing Queens With my Wife in the Middle
They Just Kept Going
Nectar of the Gods

No comments:

Post a Comment