Saturday, October 20, 2012

Contact!!!!!!!

Long Lost Friend is Found!!!!
We journeyed up to New Hampshire last night through the rain to the home of our Keene friend.  This is our annual trek to my home town for the "world famous" Pumpkin Festival.  We have the added benefit of a high school reunion this afternoon.  Buddy is appropriately apoplectic knowing he will get a long walk in the morning with his good friend.  We sat around with pizza (non-Zorbas but acceptable) and watched a really funny movie, Our Idiot Brother.  Paul Ruud is a very funny dude.

The best news this morning though was regaining contact with the best man from my wedding.  I wrote back in June about getting together with an old Army buddy and that we were both looking for this other guy.  We were close friends during our lieutenant days in Panama and cut a pretty wide swath through the female population as a three man team.  We lost contact over the years but my wife and I would periodically wonder to each other where he was and what he ended up doing.

My other buddy remembered that the guy we were looking for had a brother and I found him on face book and sent him a message which he took six months to reply to (but he did reply).  He said his brother (our buddy) ended up in Thailand and gave me his email address.  Last week I sent him a message and this morning got the reply.

My wife and I were ecstatic because this was a truly good friend and there was a hole in our life not knowing where he was at and if he was happy.  It turns out he is very happy.  He retired in 2001 and moved to Bangkok where he met a beautiful young lady whom he married in 2005.  They have a young daughter and seem to be thriving.  I'm so happy he found peace, contentment and love.  He deserves it.  Now we have to figure out how to get together again.  Great start to the weekend.
Last Night in Keene - Demon Dog Attacking
He Looks So Dangerous
Front Yard Yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment